My ITP Status
Dave has side effects from his current medicine
Dave was diagnosed with ITP about 6 months ago. Because he’s had symptoms for more than 6 months, his disease is now considered chronic. His doctor has tried steroid treatments several times to stabilize his platelet count. Even though his platelet count has improved, he’s been experiencing side effects that have been challenging to manage. Dave has been wondering if there’s another treatment option that might be better for him.
Is your current treatment right for you?
If you’re like Dave, you may be trying to balance symptom control with side-effect management. Take this quiz to see if it's time to consider another treatment approach. Download the quiz
What do I ask my health care team?
Here are some potential questions you may have at this stage to discuss with your health care team:
• How is my platelet count today? Is there anything I should be doing differently?
– What’s a good range for me moving forward?
• Are there other treatment options that might reduce my symptoms?
• What are my treatment options now?
• I’ve heard about platelet booster therapies. Are they right for me?
• What are the side effects of my potential new treatments?
• What about combination therapies?
• Are there any drug interactions I need to know about?
• When will I know if it’s time to switch to something else?
• What are my long-term options?
• I feel like I need support to help me cope with ITP. Can you recommend any local or online resources?
Be sure to talk to your doctor if you experience any changes in your symptoms or your health at any time during your treatment.
Not sure which questions to ask your doctor? Identify topics to discuss with your health care team at your next appointment.